Cairo - SIS
Terrorists celebrate New Year’s Eve in their own special way through bloodshed and taking innocent lives. This is exactly what they have done 2 days ago with their wicked attack in the Mariouteya area in Giza that left 4 dead (1 Egyptian tour guide and 3 Vietnamese tourists) and 12 wounded.
However, a thorough reading into the evolution of terrorism in Egypt and the war its waging on Egyptian State and society during the last few years in general and 2018 in particular shows us that there are major changes that all confirm the fact that terrorism is receding and is approaching its ultimate defeat.
The changes and shifts we have documented are as follows:
1. The terrorists’ plan to create an atmosphere of fear, panic and social strife between Egyptians has failed. The terrorist attacks have backfired against the terrorists as it has attracted positive confrontation from the populace. Among examples of the popular reaction are, the people’s solidarity with the families of the victims of Al Rawda mosque massacre and the residents of Helwan confronting and actually subduing of the armed terrorist who attacked the Mar Mina Church; this highlights the ordinary citizen’s willingness to fearlessly confront and fight terrorism.
2. The Comprehensive Military Operation led by the Egyptian Armed Forces against terrorist groups led to a sizable decrease of terrorist activities and in the number of attacks. 2018 witnessed the smallest number of attacks in the past 5 years. Only 8 attacks took place in 2018, 5 of them were primitive IED attacks and some of them failed to achieve their sordid aims. This shows that the frequency and number of terrorist attacks has subsided to a great extent in comparison with previous years, as we have witnessed 222 attacks in 2014, 199 attacks in 2016 and 50 attacks in 2017. Naturally the number of victims of terrorism has decreased due to the fall in the number of attacks and this is concrete proof of the success of the Comprehensive Military Operation.
3. Operation Sinai 2018 has compelled terrorist groups to make major changes to their methods of executing attacks, and the nature of their targets which has in turn exposed their weakness. In 2017 terrorist groups were forced to resort to suicide bombings in greater quantities, this indicates that the success of security operations against them forced them to sacrifice their lives in order to prove that they are still present. In 2018 terrorist groups have returned to using weak and hardly effective IEDs and they have failed to successfully carryout 2 of their 8 attacks in 2018.
The Comprehensive Operation (Sinai 2018) and Counterterrorism efforts
The Comprehensive Military Operation Sinai 2018 has successfully destroyed terrorism’s infrastructure like hideouts, tunnels, weapon depos and Media centers. 1200 IEDs were found disarmed, 420 cannabis farms were destroyed and 16 tunnels on the border with Gaza were also destroyed. That in addition to the destruction of 1086 vehicles and 1000 motor bikes used by terrorists, the neutralization of over 500 militants and the capture of hundreds more. Among the elements detained during the operation were terrorists, suspected terrorists, wanted criminals who have court verdicts issued against them. The captured terrorists were referred to the prosecution for investigation while the wanted criminals were sent to serve their sentences in prison. The comprehensive operation is not only limited to the Sinai, it extended to other strategic areas on the western and southern borders.
Throughout the past 10 months of the Comprehensive Military Operation Sinai 2018 the Egyptian Armed forces have accomplished several strategic objectives on all three fronts:
1. Our troops have successfully neutralized first and second line leadership figures in the ISIS affiliate Wilayat Sinai formerly Known as Ansar Bayt Al Maqdis. The latest of such leading terrorists that were neutralized was the leader of the group Abu Osama Al Masri and other leaders namely Khairat Al Sobki, Mohamed Gamal, Islam Weam and several others. This had a very negative impact on the structural viability of the group and its ability to carry out attacks.
2. All branches of the Armed Forces along with the Egyptian Police are taking part in operation Sinai 2018. This operation has several dimensions including direct confrontation and border security. The Border Guards and the Navy have successfully established their control over sea and land borders, and this was partially due to an agreement with Hamas on border control in the case of the eastern border with the Gaza strip. The Armed Forces successfully destroyed several tunnels that were used to smuggle arms, ammunition, funds and terrorists.
3. The massacre of the Al-Rawda mosque in Bir Al-Abed carried out by “Wilayat Sinai” terror group in November 2017, which left more than 300 people dead, encouraged citizens to diligently cooperate with Egyptian security forces in confronting terrorist elements in the Sinai. This has contributed to empowering the security forces to direct attacks that severely impacted the structure of terrorist groups and extremist elements, not only on the level of killing leadership and elements of those groups, but it also resulted in paralyzing the groups and the terrorist elements affecting their ability to move easily.
Analyzing the course of terrorist operations in Sinai and the results of the comprehensive military operation (Sinai 2018), we can conclude two main observations:
1) There is a significant decrease in the number of terrorist operations in Sinai during 2018 compared to the previous four years.
2) The decline of terrorist operations is coincided with a clear decline in the number of victims from the army and police forces in Sinai during 2018 compared to the previous four years.
The collapse of the Muslim Brotherhood and its failure to commit its crimes
The military and the security services, especially the police forces, have besieged and weakened groups affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood, namely “Hasm” and “Liwaa al-Thawra” all over Egypt (the valley and the delta) in 2018. This is due the preemptive strikes they have carried out both in terms of arresting terrorist elements and targeting hideouts, particularly in the Western desert and some new cities on the outskirts of Cairo. On the other hand, the procedures and financial policies that have consolidated the control over the transfer of funds from abroad to Egypt, attributed to the Central Bank and other concerned parties, have led to the reduction of the financing of these groups. In addition, the State’s confiscation of most economic and commercial establishments belonging to the Muslim Brotherhood has significantly reduced the financial resources necessary to carry out terrorist operations, and accordingly led to the decline of terrorism in Egypt during 2018 compared to the previous four years.
The last terrorist attack to be carried out by “Hasm” the targeting of a police car on a road near Maadi in mid-2017. Additionally, the spokesman of the “Hasm” terrorist group has declared on 5 September 2018 that the movement has been affected by the security raids that paralyzed its ability to continue. Also, the “Liwaa al-Thawra” terrorist group, which announced its establishment in October 2016 after the assassination of Brigadier General Adel Ragai, has almost disappeared and carried out only one terrorist attack in 2017. This was thanks to successive blows they have received from security forces.
Attacks against State infrastructure (such as electricity, water, etc.) and the economic establishments as well vanished in 2018.
Most of the terrorist operations in 2018 were based on random elements or what we can call "lone wolves". This was shown in some terrorist operations that took place at the end of 2017, such as the attack on a liquor store in Omrania district, Giza governorate that left 2 civilians dead and the latest attack in Al Mariouteya district.
Preemptive strikes ...The keyword of aborting terrorist schemes
Given the strong and direct influence of the comprehensive operation (Sinai 2018), the year 2018 has witnessed the implementation of a series of successful security operations in which the police forces carried out preemptive operations that aborted terrorist schemes in their early stages due to their high efficiency in tracking and information gathering on those terrorists’ groups:
· In April 2018, the security forces killed seven members of ISIS terrorist group in Abnoub in the eastern desert.
· In June 22, security forces targeted a terrorist hideout and killed seven terrorists involved in targeting Christian houses of worship.
· In June 28, security forces killed six terrorists involved in the assassination attempt of the security chief of Alexandria governorate.
· In July 2018, security forces attacked a terrorist hideout and killed six terrorists in Dirout, Asyut Governorate.
· In October 27, security forces killed 13 terrorists near KM 74 on the Asyut road.
· In November 4, security raids have resulted in the killing of 19 terrorists in Minya governorate foiling their plans to carryout acts of sabotage.
· In November 28, security forces dismantled a terror cell in Sinai, killing 11 terrorists and arresting 6 others. Besides, they confiscated high-frequency radio sets.
· In December 8, security forces dismantled the terror cell responsible for the attack on the bus carrying Christian worshipers heading to the Monastery of Saint Sameul last November, killing 19 terrorists involved in targeting the bus, in the western desert of Minya governorate.
· On 23 December, the National Security Agency have detected a terrorist hideout. The terrorists were planning to carry out a series of terrorist attacks against vital installations and members of the armed forces and the police in one of the remote areas of El-Arish. Security forces raided the hideout and clashes ensued for a few hours resulting in the killing of 14 terrorists.
· In December 29, hours after the terrorist attack against the tourist bus in Giza, the Ministry of Interior raided a number of terrorist hideouts in the governorates of North Sinai and Giza and directed several strikes against terrorist elements planning to carry out a series of deadly attacks targeting State institutions, the economy and the tourism sector, in addition to plotting to target police officers and Christian houses of worship. 40 terrorists were killed in the clashes.
Efforts to combat terrorism have intensified in Egypt achieving remarkable and significant results that broke terrorist groups and aborted their schemes and accordingly, reduced the number of terrorist attacks and the amount of victims in 2018 to the lowest level in nearly five years, the same year in which a large number of countries in the world witnessed a variety of terror operations.
Italy has raised its anti-terrorism measures to the maximum level in view of the Christmas holidays following Tuesday's attack in Strasbourg, sources said on Wednesday.
Prefects and police chiefs were instructed to raise security efforts at an extraordinary meeting of the case anti-terrorism strategic analysis committee at the interior ministry, the sources said.
The hypothesis that the suspected Strasbourg killer, Cherif Chekatt, could have links to Italy has been ruled out for the moment at the meeting on the basis of information from the French authorities.
Four people close to Chekatt have been detained, including his father and two brothers, French officials said on Wednesday.
A deadly terrorist attack,where 3 killed and 12 wounded when a gunman opened the fire near a Christmas market in the French border city of Strasbourg on Tuesday evening before being cornered by police.
The Strasbourg prefecture said the gunman shot dead three people, revising down a previous death toll of three.
Police officials said Chekatt was wounded in a gunfight with soldiers after the Tuesday night attack but escaped, and a top official said he might have escaped to neighboring Germany.
One of the wounded in critical case is an Italian guy called Antonio Megalizzi and he is in a coma and cannot undergo surgery, the father of the young reporter's girlfriend said on Wednesday.
"From what I understand, Antonio is on a coma and it is not possible to operate because of the position of the bullet, which reached the column at the base of the skull, near to the spine," said Danilo Moresco, the father of Megalizzi's girlfriend Luana.
He said he had this information from the family, who are already at the hospital.
with sorrow feeling leaders of the world called high excellence president Abdul Fattah Alsis and Condoled him for the terrorist crime that happened in the church at south of Cairo- Helwan.
As the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud sent a cable of deepest condolences and sympathies to President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi of Arab Republic of Egypt on the victims of the terrorist attack in Helwan.
"We have learned with deep sorrow about the news of the terrorist attack that took place in Helwan, resulted in deaths and injuries, and we express to you our strong condemnation and denunciation of this sinful terrorist act," the king said.
The King stressed that "The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia firmly stands with the Arab Republic of Egypt and its people against whoever dares to harm Egypt's security and stability,"
The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques further said that "On behalf of the people and the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and in my own name, we sent to you and families of the victims our sincere condolences and sympathies, wishing the injured a speedy recovery and the Egyptian people to be preserved from all evil."
from other side the President Abdul Fattah Al-Sisi of Egypt received today a telephone call from Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, during which he expressed the condolences and sympathies of the UAE to the victims of the terrorist attack on MarMina Church in Helwan, South Cairo.
The Spokesman for the Egyptian Presidency, Ambassador Bassam Radhi, said in a statement that the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi expressed his country's full solidarity with Egypt and stand by its side in countering terrorism, stressing the strength of fraternal relations and constructive cooperation between the two countries and peoples.
Algeria has strongly condemned the terrorist attack that targeted yesterday the church of Marmina in Helwan, south of Cairo, Egypt.
The official spokesman of the Algerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Abdulaziz bin Ali Al-Sharif stressed his country's full solidarity with Egypt, pointing out that Algeria is confident in the ability of Egypt and its security forces to deal firmly and forcefully with terrorism and its criminal acts.
USA president called president Sisi and send his support to Egypt in its war against terrorism as well as send his condolences to the egyptian people.
It is worth to add that there are 10 people were killed during the prayer in the church as well other 6 wounded in a deadly attack on the church ... the crime came in the way of terrorists attacks by the Daesh who did number of attacks on Mosques and churches the last period.
Tunisia strongly condemned the terrorist attack that targeted yesterday the church of Marmina in Helwan, south of Cairo, Egypt.
In a statement issued today, Tunisian Foreign Ministry stressed on the importance to continue regional and international efforts and
strengthen coordination to counter the abhorrent phenomenon of terrorism that threatens the security and safety of the countries of the region and the world.
The criminal and terrorist incident was happened before yesterday at time of prayer in the church when a terrorist opened random fire on the prayers...where 10 were killed and 6 injuried.
Reported by |Mohsen Al-Helw
The Secretary General of the European Department for Security and Information and the Middle East Commissioner for the International Commission for Human Rights warned of the political and security laxity witnessed by the region because they believe that the dangers of the Islamic organization"Daesh are over. The supporters of the organization are working in two directions: opening a new front in Africa.
In an interview with a reporter and director of the Castle Journal in Iraq, Ambassador Haitham Abu Saeed said that the dangers of a "Islamic organization- Daesh" have not yet ended, "as we have pointed out in several press releases and satellite channels about the dangers of the project represented by the organization and its president, The project is linked to the re-tightening of the party and its revival as a result of political and security laxity, which is linked to misleading suggestions by the authors of the draft organization implicitly, "adding that" there appear to be parties that believe that they have ended their risks and began to take less precautionary preparations, It is too early to speak of satisfaction in the overall picture. "
"It is clear that the organization has projects, and today the interest of its supporters is divided into two projects in order to create chaos in the world and in the region in particular. The Egyptian through Libya and the Sinai Front, which is the gateway to the rest of the Arab African countries and up to Morocco and Algeria. "
"The second project is the most dangerous, namely to work to maintain the current situation in the Middle East as it is, between political and military coups with pressure on the European community to intimidate him," Abu Said said. Of the elements fleeing from Syria and Iraq, which will constitute an internal threat to Western society, in order to pressure the European countries in multiple files is a place of attraction and differences with the United States and Israel.
The Secretary General of the European Department of Security and Information, Dr. Haitham Abu Said, referred to the files mentioned above, saying, "On top of these files, the Iranian nuclear file signed by the European countries with the Islamic Republic of Iran, in addition to the Palestinian file and the latest Judaization of Jerusalem, which includes the new approach with Saudi Arabia and its Arab allies, who are clearly in a state of stagnation and tension at times, especially the financial measures and arrests that have been inflicted on senior princes, businessmen and capitalists. "
Cairo - 25 - 11- 2017
Egyptian Attorney General announced today the rise of the martyrs of the attack on the mosque in Al-Rawda in Bir al-Abed near of Al-Arish city,north of Sinai to 305, including 28 children under the age of ten and injured 128 people in the worst terrorist operation against Muslims in the Islamic countries at all.
Amid huge surprise hit the Egyptian and Arabic societies, and while they are preparing for the celebrating with the birthday of prophet Mohammed "PPUH", about 25 to 30 terrorists one group of 5 cars attacked
a mosque in the town of Bir al-Abed, 20 km from the city of El-Arish,the terrorists belong to ISIL terrorist group "Daesh" who opened random fire on more than 500 people were praying , 305 people were killed according to the latest counting of the number of dead and about 128 wounded while 28 children were killed under 10 age during Friday prayers.
It is noteworthy that the mosque is the only one in the city, which has a population of about 2500 people are all of them Muslims belonging to the Sufi community
In the view of the terrorists who have no religion to them, think that the Muslim Sufi is infidel...So they went and closed the doors or the mosque and opened the heavy fires one the prayers during their praying .
28 innocent children have been victims of this attack for less than 10 years. Almost all the families in that village have lost one of their relatives and now most of the women have lost their men.
President of Egypt Abdul Fattah Alsisi met with Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, of the Security Committee, which includes the Ministers of Defense and Interior and the Head of the General Intelligence Service before tell a short word , promised the Egyptian to revenge for them strongly and they won't go out without punishment.
Last year in the same occasion the terrorists exploded 2 churches in Egypt one was in Tanta city and the others was in Alexandria, this year they chose the mosque of Muslims, to prove that they have no religions and Islam is away of them , the radical groups are true criminal and the silence on them from the international community is another crime.
Terrorism hits the capital London again, where a bomb exploded in a metro train Friday morning in London at the Parsons Green station in the British Kingdom
Resulting unknown number of injuries with burning.
The British authorities announced that a limited explosion at the Parsons Green station in London inside the Metro was caused by a bomb that was contained inside a mysterious white box,
And this incident happened today ,Friday morning.
A second bomb was discovered a few minutes ago and authorities said the incident was a terrorist attack
While the passengers published many pictures of the injuries with burns in the face and hands while the panic hits them
The Telegraph newspaper said the ambulance crew and explosives experts went to the scene of the incident, where he was being dealt with it.