A British nurse died from infection with the Corona virus and continued to work after the hospital refused to return to his home and receive treatment, on the pretext of a shortage of staff due to the large number of people infected with this epidemic
The mother of the young nurse, John Alagos, 23, who had been caring for people with Coronavirus, said he had contracted the disease at work, but was not allowed to go home, because his ward was short of staff.
The mother, Gina Gustello, explained that her son was not wearing the appropriate protective clothing at work, and he returned to his home on Friday after the shift, and complained of a headache and a high temperature throughout the night.
She said, "I asked him why did she come home? He said he asked the officials but they said they lacked the staff and they didn't let him go. I said, well, he ate some paracetamol, after a few minutes, it turned blue in his bed."
She noted that her son's colleagues told her that he "does not wear appropriate protective clothing," adding: "They wear personal protective equipment, but they do not protect the mouth completely. They wear normal masks."
After finding her unconscious son in his bedroom, Gustillo immediately called 999, but paramedics were unable to revive him.
Alagos, the third nurse and youngest British paramedic believed to have surrendered to the deadly Coved 19 virus, collapsed and died at home after a grueling 12-hour shift.
He was working at Watford General Hospital, which last night announced a "serious accident" and closed the M&E department after an oxygen supply problem.
"Our employees are fully aware of the symptoms of Covid-19, and we will never expect anyone to stay on the job if they exhibit these symptoms, or in fact they are not feeling well in any way," the hospital said in a statement.
A hospital spokeswoman explained: "We have always kept our employees abreast of the latest personal protection guidelines to ensure they have the appropriate level of protection." She added: "John was very popular and we will feel a great loss."
Last week, two nurses died on the front line to fight the Corona virus in Britain, who are believed to have contracted the disease. Arima Nisreen, 36, who had no underlying conditions, died in intensive care at the Walsall Manor Hospital, where she worked for 16 years.
Nurse Amy O'Rourke, 39, also died in intensive care at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Margate, where she worked.
Source: Daily Mail
Written by: - Ahmad Makled
Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Art Education
In the second article in the Professional Art Professional series, we must clarify some concepts related to factors affecting design and technical values that are required in it where the designer defines those concepts as a basis for building any artistic work and formulating it in an organized image through an understanding of what he wants and how to implement it, and in the beginning it must To know what factors influence the design, and that point can be clarified as follows: -
- The type of material used for implementation, performance skills, or techniques associated with design implementation. The more that the designer knows about the capabilities of raw materials and methods of handling them, this leads to an increase in his imagination ideas for implementation and his ability to build a visualization of the final shape of the design.
- The position in which the product artwork will be employed. As most of the manufactured things are designed to serve a specific job, and according to the job, the appropriate material for implementation varies and the shape varies. Therefore, the designer must study the requirements of the product function and choose the appropriate material for formation in order to meet the goal produced for it.
- The topic that design deals with through design elements and related forms. It is one of the strong influences in building the artwork, because it inspires shapes, colors and superficial values related to the same issue of implementing the artwork.
We must know that the design stage takes place in two stages: -
- The stage of designing the print item in a way that is compatible with the implementation technique and what it includes in the performance methods and methods of implementation, raw materials and tools where the design of the item differs according to the method of implementation, for example, the design of the flower item differs when implemented with the use of flat expression methods through drawing and photographing in an attempt to stereotype through Sculpture, although the term is one, but the method of implementation differs.
- The second stage relates to the design of the artwork in its final form according to its nature or use, as the design of women's clothing shapes differs from the design of children's clothes from the design of a greeting card ... etc., which requires the designer to have a visualization of the final form after the completion of the implementation.
The technical values that are required in the technical work are the technical values, or what is known as the unit of formative formation, in building any technical design through designing vocabulary and employing them in building fully-designed technical designs which leads to the success of the technical work that innovation and renewal has taken as its goal, and this of course requires knowledge Complete the foundations of the design and its components, which are considered one of the most important conditions for success in implementation.
The design elements are considered one of the most important elements in the production of a distinctive artwork. They consist of various elements and differ according to the design shape and its elements are: -
- The point is the simplest design element, and most people tend to see it as a circular shape, it does not show any direction if used alone.
- Line: is the effect resulting from moving a point in a path, or it is the succession of a group of adjacent points, and it is an important design element in building artwork and is found in nature in many and varied forms, including simple lines "straight, non-straight", and complex lines "based on a line Straight, based on a non-straight line, combining them ", and there are those who divide their forms as follows: A line (horizontal - vertical - curved - arc - streamlined - diagonal - refractive - parallel - perpendicular)
Area: It may be a "prime area" of regular geometric shapes such as square, equilateral, or circle. The "multiple spaces" in a designer artwork vary in, "their number." That is, in the number of areas that fall within the boundaries of the design, “their size”, i.e. small or large areas in relation to each other and in relation to the total areas of the technical work, its “location”, i.e. the location of the spaces in relation to the boundaries of the technical framework and its location in relation to others, its “shape”, that is, the shape of the spaces, the space may It is in a geometrical form, and it may be the result of merging more than one geometric shape with some experimentation, modification, deletion and addition to produce a space of a special nature.
- Size: It is determined by the amount of space it occupies from the vacuum, and it is possible to produce initial vacuum bodies such as the square of the repetition of the equilateral triangle four times. Binary shapes can also be reached as a result of combining a plastic flat such as a square and a triangle to create a cone.
- Texture: denotes the distinctive characteristic of the surface properties of materials according to the internal and external components and by arranging their particles and their construction systems in a way in which the general features of surfaces become clear: they are in terms of degree "smooth, rough, regular, irregular", type-specific Real, illusory, "real touches" are what we can perceive from the sense of touch and sight due to the variation of their surface appearance. "And thumby touches" are those that can be perceived by the sense of sight without being able to distinguish them by touch. This type is known as two-dimensional texture.
- Color: This is the physiological effect caused by the retina, whether as a result of colored dyeing or by colored light. It has three properties:
1- The color nacelle: means the origin of the color, which distinguishes it and makes us differentiate between one color and another.
2- Color value: means the degree of color, which indicates whether the color is light or dark.
3- Chromium: means the color purity or its mixing ratio in neutral colors "white, gray, black".
The color is divided into:
A- Primary (primary) colors: (red - yellow - blue).
B- Secondary colors: are the colors that result from mixing any two primary colors (purple, orange, green).
C- Triple colors: are the colors that result from mixing a primary color with a secondary color.
D - neutral colors: which are (degrees of brown - degrees of gray).
- Space: It is the depth in design by suggesting that there is a third imaginary dimension invented by the designer.
The third axis is the foundations of design, which includes the following: -
Unity: It is the interconnectedness of the parts of the artwork, so that the relationships that can be perceived through its unity in a coherent and harmonious system, and with it all the details are subject to one approach.
- Rhythm: - It is the organization of the separations between points, lines, areas, shapes, colors, organizing the directions of the elements of the artwork, and expresses the movement and is achieved by repeating the shapes without a mechanism and by using the technical elements.
- Repetition: - The types of iterations vary according to the directions that the unit takes in its proximity and succession, whether at equal distances or dimensions, or irregular, but they differ in their conditions, and they can be summarized as follows: -
- Regular (regular) repetition: in which the decorative units are adjacent to a steady and uniform position in the vertical direction or in the horizontal direction.
- Reverse repetition: - In which the units are adjacent in different positions in the direction of the horizontals right and left or in the vertical direction up and down or in an oblique direction.
- Reproductive Repetition: - This type of iterations is evident in some traditional geometric shapes, which are produced through their overlapping together in the reproduction of atypical geometric shapes as in the stellar dish in Islamic art.
- Mutual repetition: - Exchange means participation more than one decorative unit and its shape varies and its area may vary or its colors vary in juxtaposition and succession one after another and this type of iterations is used frequently in the extended or circular ribbon repetitions.
- Falling iteration: It includes the decorative configurations of the units that are adjacent and alternating with falling patterns, either horizontally or vertically, such as building blocks.
- Gradual repetition: - and in it a single element arises small and medium and large and grows from small to large with the same characteristics and characteristics of the small element in form and value except for one thing that its size varies from small to moderate to old and from the features of this type it is more dynamic and dynamic, so it is It is useful to use to suggest depth on the surface of the image, which is why it is used in theater backgrounds and display windows.
Balance: shown by arranging the elements in a way that allows the viewer to feel a sense of stability and balance, and through a balance between the elements, colors, and values.
- Proportion or harmony: - They are the most important characteristics of natural formations and appear clear in the form of tree branches as an example, and through the size, number of parts, and degrees of inclination of trunks and branches that form shapes of trees. These ratios, in turn, create a rhythm that is repeated for shapes, sizes, and organizations.
- Sovereignty: - Some forms acquire the characteristic of sovereignty, others are the characteristic of dependency, and the center of sovereignty in artistic work is the nucleus around which the work is built. There are many means by which the center of sovereignty can be strengthened:
In the end, I hope to be well presented and I hope that you will continue your effective follow-up, coming from this important series for everyone who wants to learn and acquire artistic work skills and how any person becomes an artist project who owns his artistic tools and has the skills that he assigns to formulate artistic and creative works competing with professionals with different vision and methods of implementation Multiple and my following articles will relate to the practical implementation of artworks and multiple technologies, but gradually from start to professional, and I promise you that you will get distinguished education and experiences that you will only find through specialists and with high amounts if they are within workshops or paid courses and let them be Glory to what you want to be, and our next date will be how to draw a portrait .... Wait for us in the next.
Written by / Salwa Abd Allah Al-Nassrabi
Famous Italian designer Giorgio Armani said, I am afraid, as everyone is, about the new Corona virus, but decided to confront by producing medical uniforms in his factories usually devoted to luxury goods. Reorganization of his company, isolating itself while continuing to run it. After ordering the authorities to stop non-essential activities, I had to move immediately, and an Armani made donations to the Italian hospital system, working to produce uniforms
He emphasized that the uniforms he provided for free obtained a certificate of use in the medical field
Written by / Salwa Abd Allah Al-Nassrabi
China announced on Saturday a day of mourning for the thousands who died in the outbreak of the new Corona virus, and flagged flags all over the country. The day of mourning coincided with the start of the annual Qingming celebration in which millions of Chinese families honored their ancestors
At ten in the morning local time, the country stood three minutes silent in mourning for those who died from the Corona virus, including medical workers, doctors, cars, trains, and ships trumpets, in addition to the sound of sirens from air strikes, and more than 3,300 people died on the mainland in this epidemic that appeared For the first time in Wuhan, capital of central China's Hubei Province, according to statistics published by the National Health Commission
A Russian doctor and scientist who participated in providing assistance to the Italian patients revealed that Italy did not take the necessary measures in time to cope with the spread of the Corona virus, so the infection began to circulate disastrously.
"Italy has been late in adopting effective protection measures for at least three weeks," Dr. Alexander Simeonov, deputy director of the Pasteur Institute for Epidemiology and Microbiology Research in Saint Petersburg, Russia, said in an interview with the newspaper "Kommersant" published today.
The doctor confirmed: "We saw what had to be done. Now we understand much more than two weeks ago, when we started working and helping here" in Italy.
In addition, Simeonov considered that the Italian population adapted very slowly to the conditions of quarantine. In particular, they did not respect the social distance (the distance from one person to another) to avoid infection and the necessary precautions needed to do so.
"China paid attention at the appointed time, but because of its population density and population," he said
The large population has already ranked for the first time in the number of deaths caused by this coronavirus. As for Russia, I think it is a blessing, as we were able to slow the spread of the virus by closing the borders with China and stopping transit flows at the request of the chief health doctor, and this made us profit a few months. "
The doctor stressed that Russia is a leader in the number of ventilators, and that the country has a "serious, appropriate and widespread health care and control system, so the evolution of the virus outbreak according to the Italian scenario is unlikely," according to Dr. Simeonov.
As of yesterday, Friday, Italy returned again to its neighbor, Spain, in the number of cases of coronavirus "COVID-19", now the total number of cases exceeds 120 thousand cases. Over the last day in this country, 766 people died from infection, bringing the total number of deaths in Italy to 14,681.
To date, 4,149 cases of coronavirus have been counted in Russia, and about 300 people have already recovered. But according to the World Health Organization, the country has not yet reached the height of the epidemic.
The US authorities announced the loss of two members of the Kennedy family, one of them the niece of the late President John Kennedy, on Friday after they went on a rowing boat trip.
Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, adjacent to Washington, said during a press conference that Mayf Kennedy McCain (40 years old) and her son Gideon (8 years old) did not return Thursday from a trip to Chesapeake Bay, adding that "extensive searches have taken place since last night in cooperation with the police and coast guard And paramedics. "
And Maif is the daughter of Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, the eldest daughter of former Justice Minister Robert Kennedy, brother of President John Kennedy who was assassinated in 1963.
The Kennedy family, one of the prominent families in American political life, has witnessed many tragedies.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy, the former President of the United States, was assassinated in Dallas on November 22, 1963, and in June 1968, his younger brother Robert, who was in a good position to win the Democratic primary for the presidential poll in Los Angeles, was killed.
David Kennedy's son David died at the age of 28 from a cocaine overdose in a Florida hotel in 1984, and John Kennedy's son Caroline and her sister Lauren died in a plane accident he was driving in Massachusetts in 1999.
Sorsha Kennedy Hill, granddaughter of Robert Kennedy, died of an overdose last year of 22 years.
Today, Saturday, the British "Labor Party" chooses a new president, succeeding the leftist Jeremy Corbyn, who has headed it since 2015.
About 600,000 Labor Party members are supposed to choose, by mail or on the Internet, one of three candidates, in a poll that comes after Corbin’s setback in the December elections last year, against conservative Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
According to media reports, Kerr Starmer, 57, a former lawyer and responsible for three years for the "Brexit" issue within the Labor Party, is the favorite to win the party leadership, and he is known for his support for the European Union.
In contrast, his rival, Rebecca Long-Bailey, 40, who is in charge of corporate matters in the party, is Corbyn's natural successor.
The third candidate, Lisa Nandi, who is also 40, enjoys the support of the country's general trade union, which represents about 500,000 workers.
Because of the global outbreak of the Corona epidemic, the name of the winner will not be announced during an extraordinary party conference, as scheduled, but rather through the party's website, while each of the three candidates registered a pre-prepared letter broadcast in the event of his victory.
The winner of the party’s leadership will face many challenges, the most important of which is returning the largest opposition party in the country suffering from divisions and political regression, to its right path, amid the crisis of the outbreak of the emerging Corona virus.