Hi Tech.

 

US Secretary of State Mike Bonbio accused Iran of breaking its promise not to deliver the shipment of oil carried by "Adrian Daraya" to Syria, pointing out that the international community should hold Tehran accountable for this step.

Pompeo wrote on Twitter in a flyer I attached to two oil tankers next to each other off the Syrian port of Banias:

"Will the world hold Iran accountable if Syria delivers this oil?" Pompeo asked.

Earlier, the United States accused Iran of "lying" to the Europeans and the international community by delivering oil to Syria, after it had vowed not to do so.

Earlier in July, British Crown Prince Gibraltar authorities seized the Iranian oil tanker Grace-1, which later changed its name to Adrian Daria-1, on charges of transporting an oil shipment to Syria in violation of European sanctions.

Gibraltar released the tanker in mid-August after saying it had obtained assurances from Tehran that the oil would not be delivered to Syria, but Iran denied providing such guarantees.

The Gibraltar government later announced that it was "difficult to ascertain" whether Tehran had breached the agreement between the two countries on the shipment of "Adrian Daria-1", adding that "there were no guarantees that this oil will not reach Syria, but the

Iranian government has pledged that it It will not sell oil to anyone on the EU sanctions list. "

Source: RT

Published in Politics

The European Union has warned Iran that it will be forced to withdraw from the nuclear deal if Tehran fulfills its threat to take an additional step as part of a reduction in its nuclear deal commitments, the Guardian newspaper reported.

The British newspaper said on Friday that the European Union has confirmed to Tehran in particular its intention in November next launch procedures for withdrawal from the agreement concluded in 2015, if Iran takes a fourth step towards the abandonment of its obligations on the seventh of that month, as announced.

The warning, agreed in advance by the three EU signatories - Britain, Germany and France - was addressed at a meeting last Wednesday. Concrete.

"The difficulty is that Iran says it is ready to back down, but if the Europeans reveal that they are working on a nuclear bomb, it will be irreversible," an unnamed source told the newspaper.

This comes against the backdrop of the failure of French President Emmanuel Macron's efforts to persuade Washington and Tehran to conclude a new deal under which the United States lifted its sanctions against Iran in return for the Islamic Republic to return to full responsibilities under the nuclear deal.

Tehran has taken three steps to reduce its commitments to the nuclear deal, accusing European countries of failing to help them deal with the damage done to the Iranian economy by the US withdrawal from the deal and Washington sanctions.

Source: The Guardian

Published in Politics
Wednesday, 12 December 2018 23:55

Iran confirms recent ballistic missile test

Geneva: Reuters

    A senior Revolutionary Guards commander said on Tuesday that Iran had recently carried out a ballistic missile test but he did not specify what kind of missile had been tested, according to Fars News.


The comment appeared to confirm a report by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo who said early this month that Iran had test-fired "a medium range ballistic missile that is capable of carrying multiple warheads." The missile could hit all of the Middle East and parts of Europe, Pompeo said.

US President Donald Trump pulled out of an international agreement on Iran’s nuclear program in May and reimposed sanctions on Tehran. He said the deal was flawed because it did not include curbs on Iran's development of ballistic missiles or its support for proxies in Syria, Yemen, Lebanon and Iraq.

"We will continue our missile tests and this recent action was an important test," Amirali Hajizadeh, head of the Revolutionary Guards' airspace division, said, as quoted by Fars News. He added: "The reaction of the Americans shows that this test was very important for them and that's why they were shouting."

Iran carries out up to 50 missile tests a year, Hajizadeh said.

The Iranian government has ruled out negotiations with Washington over its military capabilities, particularly its missile program run by the Guards.

It says its missile programme is purely defensive and denies its missiles are capable of being tipped with nuclear warheads.

Last month, Hajizadeh said that US bases in Afghanistan, the UAE and Qatar, and US aircraft carriers in the Gulf were within range of Iranian missiles.

In October, the Revolutionary Guards fired missiles at Islamic State militants in Syria after the Islamist group took responsibility for an attack at a military parade in Iran that killed 25 people, nearly half of them members of the Guards.

 

Reuters

Published in Asia

Brussels-Sana


European Union (EU) foreign policy chief Federica Mugherini reiterated on Monday the EU's intention to maintain a nuclear deal with Iran.

Published in Politics

About us

 Castle Journal is an international newspaper with daily electronic edition, received the international license by the United Kingdom number 10675, and accredited by the Egyptian Embassy in London, owned by Abeer Almadawy

Castle Journal expresses on the free and human voice specialized in the diplomatic, cultural and scientific media, it is eager to create a close relationship with the readers, who is our priority and considers them a true partner.

Castle Journal holds all the permits for practicing its duties of journalism in all countries of the world and the international organizations