By: Nadeemy Haded
Britain's Queen Elizabeth II summoned her grandson, Prince Harry, to a crisis meeting to discuss arrangements for him and his wife, Megan, after the couple announced that they would give up their royal duties.
A source at Buckingham Palace said that the meeting will be held tomorrow Monday at Queen Elizabeth's Sandringham Palace in the Norfolk region in eastern England, in the presence of Prince Charles, the British Crown Prince, Harry's father and Prince Harry's brother William.
Megan, the former American TV actress, will try to join the meeting by phone from Canada, to which she returned last week, to be with Harry's son Archie.
The couple Harry and Meghan, who officially bear the title of Duke and Duchess of Sussex, surprised the royal family on Wednesday when they announced that they wanted a "new business model" that would allow them to spend more time in North America and financially independent.
Neither Harry, Megan, the 93-year-old, nor the other royal family members had consulted before announcing the matter on the Sussex Royal.com news site in a move that hurt the feelings of the queen and family members and disappointed them, a source in the palace said.
The meeting will be the first time that senior members of the royal family have met face-to-face to discuss the concerns raised by Harry and Megan.
Officials have been holding talks behind the scenes since Harry and Meghan's decision was announced in pursuit of a new arrangement for the couple, and a source at the palace said these efforts had gone well.